|Liquid-Cooled Fuel Cell Stacks
Ballard’s liquid-cooled FCvelocity®–9SSL fuel cell stack is designed to meet the durability requirements of motive power applications with demanding drive cycles. A derivative of our work in automotive fuel cell technology, the FCvelocity®–9SSL product offers excellent reliability and impressive power density.
- Scalable power output from 4kW to 21kW
- Liquid cooled system enables high durability
- Designed to withstand rugged operating conditions
- Features fast, dynamic response
- Greater than 20,000 hour lifetime, depending on application
The FCvelocity®-9SSL fuel cell stack is integrated into Ballard’s FCveloCity® motive module to power transit buses and light rail vehicles. The FCvelocity®-9SSL fuel cell stack is also widely deployed in Plug Power’s line of GenDrive® fuel cell systems for electric lift trucks.
|Air-Cooled Fuel Cell Stacks
Featuring dynamic response, robust and reliable operation and an architecture that enables simplified system design, Ballard’s FCgen®-1020ACS air-cooled fuel cell stacks are suitable for a wide variety of low power applications and hybrid system designs.
- Scalable power output from 400W to 3.3kW
- Open-cathode stack and self-humidifying MEA eliminates humidifier, coolant pump & radiator
- Up to 10,000 hour lifetime, depending on application
- Robust and reliable performance
The FCgen®-1020ACS fuel cell stack is widely deployed through integration into Ballard’s FCgen®-H2PM direct hydrogen backup power systems, as well as Plug Power’s line of GenDrive® fuel cell systems for electric lift trucks.
Ballard offers a highly versatile, hydrogen-fueled, low power fuel cell stack prototype, the FCgen®- micro. Ballard’s fuel cell stacks are supplied to system integrators and original equipment manufacturers for integration into end-user products. The FCgen®-micro is designed for portable and recreational applications.
Also available is the FCgen®- micro (NPMC), which contains a non-precious metal catalyst (NPMC), a variant of Ballard’s platinum-based FCgen®-micro, offering both cost savings and improved tolerance to
common airborne contaminants such as SOx (sulfur oxides).
- Rated power of 30W
- Compact stack design
- Open-cathode stack eliminates humidifier, coolant pump & radiator
- Available in both platinum or non-precious metal catalyst based cathode design
- Produces clean DC power
Prototype units are ready for limited customer evaluation in applications where product size, durability and power density are key considerations. The FCgen®-micro fuel cell stack is especially suitable for ultralight-weight applications such as laptop and cell phone chargers, and military soldier power devices.