|Liquid-Cooled Fuel Cell Stacks
Ballard’s liquid-cooled FCvelocity®–9SSL fuel cell stack is designed to meet the durability requirements of motive power applications with demanding drive cycles. A derivative of our work in automotive fuel cell technology, the FCvelocity®–9SSL product offers excellent reliability and impressive power density.
- Scalable power output from 4kW to 21kW
- Liquid cooled system enables high durability
- Designed to withstand rugged operating conditions
- Features fast, dynamic response
- Greater than 20,000 hour lifetime, depending on application
The FCvelocity®-9SSL fuel cell stack is integrated into Ballard’s FCveloCity® motive module to power transit buses and light rail vehicles. The FCvelocity®-9SSL fuel cell stack is also widely deployed in Plug Power’s line of GenDrive® fuel cell systems for electric lift trucks.
|Air-Cooled Fuel Cell Stacks
Featuring dynamic response, robust and reliable operation and an architecture that enables simplified system design, Ballard’s FCgen®-1020ACS air-cooled fuel cell stacks are suitable for a wide variety of low power applications and hybrid system designs.
- Scalable power output from 400W to 3.3kW
- Open-cathode stack and self-humidifying MEA eliminates humidifier, coolant pump & radiator
- Up to 10,000 hour lifetime, depending on application
- Robust and reliable performance
The FCgen®-1020ACS fuel cell stack is widely deployed through integration into Ballard’s FCgen®-H2PM direct hydrogen backup power systems, as well as Plug Power’s line of GenDrive® fuel cell systems for electric lift trucks.
Ballard’s FCgen®- micro is a low power fuel cell stack prototype, designed for integration into portable applications. This highly versatile, hydrogen fuelled power product is a derivative of Ballard’s air cooled fuel cell stack technology.
• Rated power of 40W
• Compact stack design
• Open-cathode stack eliminates humidifier,
coolant pump & radiator
• Produces clean DC power
• 1,600 hour lifetime
Prototype units are ready for limited customer evaluation in applications where product size, durability and power density are key considerations. The FCgen®-micro fuel cell stack has been integrated into a specialized wearable fuel cell power system prototype to be used by soldiers to power a variety of devices and carry more mission-specific equipment, without limiting mobility.